As an agency marketer, you’ll understand the importance of providing regular campaign performance marketing reports for clients.
In fact, there are two key reasons why client reporting is so vital:
- Clients that are well-informed about campaign performance will put greater trust in your agency and feel more confident about their investment in you.
- When you provide full transparency of performance data in your reports, you’ll foster a closer relationship with clients. In turn, you’ll see increased loyalty and even the possibility of new business through word-of-mouth recommendations.
But according to a recent survey of 60+ marketers by Mediahawk, 50% of respondents said they struggle with reporting, citing it as a major business challenge.
Luckily, there’s an easy way to supercharge your marketing reports and give clients campaign performance insights like never before – with minimal effort for you and your team.
But before we get into the benefits of Looker Studio for marketing agencies (and why you should plug Mediahawk into it), do any of these marketing report challenges sound familiar?
- You’re crunching data from multiple siloed sources
- You’re concerned you won’t have a consistent way of reporting year-on-year data when Google sunsets Universal Analytics
- You’re spending hours producing data visualisations for clients
- You have no single source of truth for your campaign insights
- Human error is a constant source of worry for you and your team when creating reports
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Let’s look at how Looker Studio will be your saviour.
Enter Looker Studio
Unlike Google Analytics, which collects the data and provides (albeit limited) data visualisation features, Looker Studio goes much further to help you understand what your data means.
With its excellent visualisation capabilities, Looker Studio combines data from different sources and analyses it, then lets you build fully interactive reports and dashboards to present to clients.
What’s more, Mediahawk has an out-of-the-box integration with Looker Studio, allowing you to plug all your call tracking data right into your dashboards and visualisations, too.
Agency marketers love Looker Studio for many reasons:
- It’s free
- It gives clients a super clear picture of campaign performance, earning you greater trust and loyalty from clients
- It brings together data from multiple sources, giving a more accurate picture of your data
- You can quickly design dashboards and reports to help clients understand what the data means and spot any trends
- Dashboards let you sort, filter, and explore different data sets. For example, you can see what’s happening in a particular region or during a particular time period
How it works
In Looker Studio, you simply create data sources using Connectors – like the Mediahawk Connector – and then use metrics and dimensions to build reports.
There are useful connectors already available, including Google Analytics, Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook, Salesforce, HubSpot, and LinkedIn. You can also work with data in other types of connectors like MySQL databases, Google Sheets, and CSV files.
When you’ve got Looker Studio up and running, you can start to blend your call tracking data with your other data sources to create highly informative and actionable reports for clients.
For example, if you’ve captured leads in your CRM, you can blend the lead records with Mediahawk’s call tracking data by using the caller’s telephone number or an ID.
If you’ve captured leads in your CRM, you can blend the lead records with Mediahawk’s call tracking data by using the caller’s telephone number or an ID.
You now have data-backed insight displayed in Looker Studio, showing which marketing activities generated the telephone lead and whether it brought any revenue. All this is available with no extra work when each new lead is entered into your CRM.
If you’re new to Looker Studio, why not try one of our ready-made dashboard and reporting templates to get you started. All you need to do is go to Looker Studio and search for ‘Mediahawk’ while you’re logged in with your Google account. You’ll get instant access to our templates, which you can customise to your own needs.
Subscribe to Mediahawk
"*" indicates required fields