It never ceases to amaze us how some companies neglect telephone enquiries – especially those received out of hours and left on a voicemail. Listen to them and call back immediately!
Respond to enquiries promptly
Responding to inbound enquiries is the easiest way of increasing conversions. It’s an obvious thing to say, but it’s surprising just how many businesses don’t value these highly qualified leads enough.
The same goes for email. We recently conducted some research for Auto Retail Network which revealed that 51% of automotive dealers didn’t respond to out of hours enquiries.
It’s all too easy to allow a backlog of enquiries to accumulate.
Potential customers are ten times more likely to buy if an enquiry is responded to within 24 hours. At the very least you should set up an auto-responder message to reassure prospects that their enquiry has been received and will be attended to at the first available opportunity.
A mystery shopper survey on how law firms deal with incoming telephone enquiries from potential new clients, revealed the following statistics:
- 70% of firms made no attempt to track or monitor their conversion rates
- 93% of firms called during the lunchtime period were either closed or had nobody available to deal with the enquiry there and then
- In 97% of calls, the person taking the call failed to ask if the prospect wanted to continue or make an appointment
Learn how call tracking can help law firms: The Legal Marketer’s Guide to Analytics
Monitoring response gives you a significant competitive advantage
It’s essential to have the right tools. As well as complete visibility of your marketing performance, call tracking provides you with a raft of other benefits to ensure that you’re making the most of your inbound enquiries, including:
- Call recording helps you monitor calls to improve customer service, increase conversion rates and provide personalised training to call handlers.
- Missed call alerts allow you to identify how many calls are not being answered or are receiving an engaged tone, providing you with the opportunity to call the prospect back immediately. Alerts also help you isolate specific areas of your call handling that lead to missed calls, enabling you to address any issues.
- Call whisper announces the source of every call. It’s an extremely useful tool if you’re running various campaigns at the same time, and need to direct callers quickly and efficiently.
Coming up on Day 6
How does your call-to-action impact conversions? Boost The Conversion Rate of Your Call-to-Action
This is the 5th post of 12. If you've missed any of our previous posts, you can find them below:
Day 1: Call Tracking opens Doors Over Christmas
Day 2: Integrate Call Tracking For Improved Campaign Insight
Day 3: How Call Tracking Helps Us Become More Agile Marketers
Day 4: Monitor Your Enquiries Using Unique Telephone Numbers